In the summer of 1997, St. James United Church in Corbetton closed its doors, due to the dwindling population of the community, and the subsequent decline in its congregation. Built in 1885 as Corbetton Methodist Church, it became part of the United Church of Canada in 1925. Members of church board, along with Museum staff, began planning the logistics of transferring the church building to the DCMA after two years of planning. The church was relocated 30 km from Melancthon township to the museum property at the intersection of Airport Road & Highway #89 (Lot 1, Concession 6, Mulmur township) on June 23, 1999. Intended as a much-needed venue for public receptions, lectures, services, and weddings, the additional space provided by the restored church allows the DCMA to better serve our public.