To confirm a program booking, full payment must be received by the Dufferin County Museum & Archives. Payment can be made over the phone with your credit card, online using PayPal (coming soon) or by sending us a cheque or money order through the regular mail or courier. Please note that, when using a cheque or money order, your booking will be confirmed once the cheque/money order has been received by us.
Please note that HST is not payable on Ontario curriculum-based programs.
When booking a program, please be prepared to provide the following information to assist us in providing you the best experience possible. Tell us:
- What program(s) you would like to have delivered to your class or group.
- Tell us the name of the program and specify whether the program is to delivered onsite at the DCMA or offsite in your classroom, or at the South Luther Schoolhouse.
- Your preferred date(s) and time(s) for the program(s) you select.
- The number of participants in your group or class. We recommend no more than 30 persons or your normal class size for maximum enjoyment.
- Who the contact person is (teacher or group leader) and his/her contact information
- Any special needs or requests you may have.
- The DCMA is proud to be wheelchair accessible and a participating member of the Dufferin County Accessibility Committee.
- The number of support staff and/or parents assisting. (Teachers please note: use your school’s normal ratio of adults to students as a guideline.
- The DCMA is pleased to offer free admission to teaching assistants, parents of students and bus drivers who are part of an educational program.)
- You are welcome to use the DCMA facility for lunch, based on pre-arrangement.
- Indoor lunch is on the floor and during the warm months picnic tables with exceptional views are available outside
- We strongly recommend you prepare your class beforehand. Proper museum behavior can be discussed as well as an introduction to the topic and expected objectives
Cancellation of a program more than 7 days prior to the date of the booking will receive a full refund. Within 7 days, a 50% cancellation fee applies. Cancellation within 24 hours will result in a charge equal to 100% of the program fee.
Please feel free to contact us to book a program or discuss your special needs. We look forward to being your partner in education as you explore the past of your community.
Click here to send a Program Booking Request
Click here to contact the Programs Co-ordinator